Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Tuna Noodle

Tuna Noodle is a fun and easy meal that I've been eating since I was younger.  Now, I'll spiff it up just a tad, and make it an even more-scrumptious meal! Alright, here's the Shtick:



Ingredients
Some sort of small pasta
Cream of Mushroom soup
Extra Mushrooms (opt.)
Peas
Mozzerella
Garlic
The Magic:

First things first, choose your pasta.  Whatever small pasta you have lying around will work.  I am using miniature bow ties.  Also, I am using the whole box, which feeds four (I like leftovers).

Get a big pot, fill it halfway (depending on the noodles, you want several inches covering them) and put a sprinkle of salt and a bit of oil into the water.  Bring to a boil.  Pour however much of the pasta you are using into the water.  Cook about 9 minutes.  To test, take one out and eat it (oh the sacrifices one makes while cooking).  It should be tender, but not mushy.



Then, drain the noodles and transfer to a large skillet.  Dump in 1 1/2 cups of peas, 2 cans of tuna, and one can of mushrooms (if desired) onto the noodles.  Cook together until the peas are warm.  Then, toss in two handfuls of Mozzarella cheese, and drizzle in some of the garlic jar juice, and a bit of garlic too (for good measure).



Go ahead and do a taste test, and alter as desired.  Then, serve and enjoy!  I have topped mine (below) with a bit of spicy seasoning, because I enjoy spice.


 All this cooking has made me hungry!!!  ....Andiamo a mangiare! LET'S EAT!













No comments:

Post a Comment